This church that takes its name from the Our Lady of Kazan Icon was built in 1892 with the help of charitable contributions of Irkutsk merchants. The church suffered a lot during Soviet period. It was closed in 1936 and the building was used for many other organizations. The large-scale restoration began in the 1980-1990s. Now it is one of the most famous and beautiful churches of Irkutsk.